Voting

Sunday, May 17, 2009

FOOD!!!!!!

Okay...so I get made fun of often for my crazy, obnoxious, excitement over Jackson food. I had another "exciting" day yesterday! I went to HEB just to see if they would have a different section from all the other grocery stores. Sure enough...I found the gluten free section! There are companies that make nothing but snacks and foods without ALL of the allergens Jackson has!!! That means no eggs, wheat, milk, soy, or peanuts!!! We got 6 different kids of cookies, pancake mix, muffin mix, pizza crust mix, snack bars, breakfast bars, and granola snack mix!!! While these things seems so typical...Jackson hasn't had a cookie in over a year and has never had a breakfast bar or snack bar! We ate pancakes with honey for breakfast...he loved it...and my egg substitute actually worked with the mix!! Most of the time, the egg substitute screws up the batter!! So...needless to say...I'm still on cloud nine because my little man has some variety again!!! I'm so thankful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wal-Mart actually has some gluten free, etc. thing now. There's also a great health food store at 1960 and Jones that has a huge selection of that type of stuff. Good luck!

Birth Servant said...

Hey girl...just thought I would let you know about a site one of my friend's has, but you may already know about it...it's www.saferhouston.com it's for parent's of kids with food allergies. They have walks and all that good stuff..you should check it out!:)