Voting

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sick again...

Just when you think things are getting better...nope! Jackson was diagnosed with pneumonia the day before Thanksgiving. We noticed he wasn't quite back to normal, so we took him back to the doctor after a couple of weeks and got more antibiotics. Still noticed that his cough was pretty bad after that so I took him back about 6 days ago and we got another chest x-ray. Sure enough...he still has left lower lobe pneumonia. We got him on a new antibiotic and I thought for sure we were in the clear. We had Jackie and Paul's wedding to go to during New Year's so we left Jackson with Nana and Papa. Mom said he had a rough night on Wednesday so I was a bit worried. We got back on Thursday and on the way home I noticed his coughing fits were really bad. Later that night I started noticing the labored, rapid breathing and got really worried. He was up about every 2-3 hours crying. We made it through until the morning and got him to the doctor in the morning. Sure enough his oxygen level was low and they immediately put him on breathing treatments. So...now we are on Albuterol with the Nebulizer, steroids, and antibiotics!! My poor little monster. Hopefully this is the end of all this drama! He is not a big fan of his Nebulizer so when I went to buy ours, I got the kid friendly one to try and lighten the experience. The pictures below are him getting aquainted with his Nebby Buddy! This morning was his 4th treatment and he did MUCH better!

















On a positive note...this is the first morning that Jackson has been interested in food!! He ate half a banana and a whole bowl of oatmeal! The sad part for me is that he was eating from a spoon for the first time. Oatmeal was one of the only things left that he would let me feed him and now he doesn't need me!!! :) I'm so proud of my little man!

1 comment:

Chris and Bethany said...

Sorry to hear he is not feeling well. He is so cute though, they just grow up soo fast!