Voting

Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Homeboy Barack...

Those of you that know me are aware of how politically retarded I really am...so you will know right off the bat that I have no allegiance to either party or candidate. The title of this post is what I saw on the front of a shirt that one of our middle school kids was wearing. I was actually kind of annoyed by it...mostly because I can tell you that this student had no idea what she was wearing, it was simply a racial connection. I have my issues with kids (and parents) these days. This year has gotten off to a rough start. No raises to begin with, then our schedules were all screwed up when school started, then we had to deal with massive schedule changes throughout this first six weeks, and most of all...the kids this year just don't care. It's not that they are "dumb" or incapable of the work, they just have no accountability for their actions and no one at home sees to it either. Accountability for their actions is just gone...all the accountability for their lack of work is put back on the teachers...what could I (the teacher) have done differently. The only thing left for me to do is write the answers down for them. Then comes this whole economical crash ordeal...all of these billion dollar companies screwed up royally and in turn screws all of us! Instead of being accountable for their actions, they are going to get billions of our tax dollars pumped back in to save them, but where is our releif...the relief for the people staying accountable to their financial mishaps or lack there of. I suppose my point is that I worry for the future. Until people start holding their kids (our future) accountable for their actions, we are in a world of trouble. Okay...I'm done...just thought I'd share! :)

No comments: